Our Mission, Your Opportunity
At Washington State University, our mission is to help you build a better future—for yourself and your community. We’re committed to honoring your service by providing a world-class student experience, a host of professional development opportunities, and a supportive network of peers, alumni, and community partners.
Executive MBA Online, Class of 2020
General Manager, Aero-Flite
“The entire Executive MBA program was able to provide me those skills to speak the language of business. The military has its own language, and there are a lot of parallels between the two. But the courses offered by Washington State University provided the Rosetta Stone, the Rolodex, of translation points. When I look at my resume of what it was to what it is today, it’s vastly different.”Shane's Story
Online MBA, Class of 2020
Officer in Charge, Zumwalt Training Facility
“I’ve gotten a feel for people who’ve been in business all their lives, people who work in different industries, or other transitioning military members. Just exposure to other people, and knowing that if I wanted to reach out to people in the future through the Washington State network, I have that opportunity.”Heather's Story
Online MBA, Class of 2020
International Buyer, Abilene Machine LLC
“The military taught us to go out and utilize concepts, not just memorize things. I think that’s the great thing about Washington State—it’s not about rote memorization. The educational experience is fully based on your ability to use the concepts you’re taught—to integrate and articulate those concepts in your business environment.”Kevin's Story
What Makes Us Different
Military members and their spouses receive unique benefits when they join the WSU Coug family:
- 100% online programs. Graduate with your Executive MBA Online in as few as 16 months or an Online MBA in as few as 22 months. No campus visits required.
- GMAT waiver. Your military leadership matters. Demonstrating five or more years of progressive managerial experience may allow us to waive the GMAT requirement.
- Reduced tuition. Military MBA students receive a $105 per-credit-hour tuition reduction.
- No application fee. Our standard $75 application fee is waived for all military-affiliated students.
- Accommodating deployment policy. We’ll work with you to maintain your academic progress if you’re deployed or called to active duty.
- Military-focused support. Our support staff and Office of Veterans Affairs focuses on timely processing of your financial benefits so you can stay focused on your academic journey.
WSU ranks in the Top 20 among the U.S. News & World Report “Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans” for 2023.
The WSU Carson College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
Washington State University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Your Success Is Our Priority
Veterans and active-duty students begin their academic journey at WSU with personalized professional assessments designed to help them achieve success whether in or out of uniform. They can also increase their return on investment by taking advantage of development opportunities for military members, veterans, and their spouses:
- Career design through individualized referrals, cultivated resources, and informative alumni industry nights
- Engaging networking events such as the MBA Veterans Conference, WSU EMBA Leadership Conference, and Carson Veterans Military Community All-Call
- Professional skill-building with online workshops and resources for resume writing, networking, and interviewing
- Customized feedback on your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile from an experienced branding coach
Your Allies at WSU: Meet Matt Beer and Holly Connley
“I’m thrilled to be serving two communities
I love: veterans and Washington State Cougs!”
Matt Beer is the dedicated military and veteran affairs manager for the Carson College of Business. He’s here to help answer any questions you have about earning your MBA online from WSU. A retired lieutenant colonel, Matt served 22 years in the United States Air Force.
He is an alumnus of the WSU Air Force ROTC program as well as a distinguished graduate of the Air Command and General Staff College. Matt also holds a master’s degree in military history from Sam Houston State University, and is a 2019 graduate of the Bush Institute Stand-To Veteran Leadership Program.
Read the latest from Matt: MBA Veterans Explore Military Characteristics and Workforce of the Future
“I’m here to help you tell your story and build your brand.”
Holly Connley is a Career Consultant for the Carson College of Business serving MBA veterans and military-affiliated students. For the past 16 years Holly has been helping students from all walks of life as they navigate their career journey, including industry pivots, career changes and military-to-civilian transitions. She has a Master’s Degree from New Mexico Highlands University in Educational Leadership and has assisted with the creation of several professional development programs in the higher education space.
Holly resides in Boise, Idaho and has a great passion for serving military students. She offers comprehensive resume reviews and LinkedIn consultations, as well as webinars on a wide variety of career-related topics.
Ask a Vet
Email us today at email@example.com to speak to a current military affiliated student or recent graduate about their experience in the Carson College of Business!
Alumni and Community Partnerships
Support our mission by investing your time, resources, or expertise in Carson College military-affiliated students. Reach out to Matt Beer at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.