To help you stay on track for your preferred start term, please refer to this academic calendar for each term’s course start date. Our application deadlines are rolling, so please speak with an enrollment advisor for more detail.
|Spring 2019||Spring 2020|
|Start Dates:||January 7, 2019||January 13, 2020|
|Start Dates:||May 6, 2019||May 11, 2020|
|Start Dates:||August 19, 2019||August 24, 2020|
- Completed application (online)
- Completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Five-plus years of management, senior management, or executive business experience
- GPA: Minimum 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, however, the age of GPA and the level of degree and rigor will be considered in the evaluation
- GMAT: The GMAT may be waived for qualified candidates*
- GMAT Code: 09D-TL-19
- Letter of organizational support
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Organizational summary (500 words or fewer describing your organization and role within it)
- Organizational chart
- Official transcripts
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
In no more than 500 words, demonstrate how your professional and academic experiences have prepared you for success as an Executive MBA student. Be sure to let us know why the Carson College of Business at Washington State University is right for you. What are your future goals and how can the Carson College Executive MBA help you achieve those goals. In addition, if you are seeking a GMAT waiver, please include that request in your essay along with supporting information as to why a waiver should be considered.
GMAT WAIVER POLICY
In combination with academic and professional experience, the GMAT is a good predictor of a candidate’s success in an MBA program and is generally required for admission. A GMAT waiver may be granted for applicants who exceed the basic MBA admission requirements and meets one of the below criteria:
- Five-plus years of management, senior management, or executive business experience and a 3.00 GPA or higher
- STEM degree with a 3.00 GPA or higher (no work experience required)
- Business degree from an AACSB-accredited institution with a 3.00 GPA or higher (no work experience required
- Ten-plus years work experience and a 2.79 GPA or higher
If you would like to be considered for the GMAT waiver, please submit a written request asking that the above items evidenced in your application file be considered for a GMAT substitution. Applicants that do not meet the above admissions criteria may submit resume, letters of recommendation and statement of purpose for consideration by the Director.
Please submit all of the materials as required in addition to the following:
- Official copies of certificates and/or diplomas
- TOEFL: 580 (237c) (93 IBTS)
- School Code: 4705
TUITION AND FEES*
Your choice to invest in an advanced education can be one of the most worthwhile decisions you will ever make. Here is a breakdown of the costs related to the online Executive MBA:
- Tuition per credit hour: $1,233
- Total tuition: $54,252 (44 credits)
- Application fee: $75
- Number of courses: 14
* Tuition and fees are subject to change.
- Some courses may incur their own additional fees. Tuition costs above do not include the cost of books.
- Specific details will be provided prior to registration.
- Federal financial assistance is available to those who qualify.
- For IBUS 600 (International Field Study) airfare and other travel related expenses are additional
Scholarships available – to learn more, speak with an enrollment advisor.
Payment and Late Fees: Payment of registration fees is due on or before the third day of class. If payment is not complete by the third (3rd) day of classes, students will be assessed a late fee of $150 flat rate. If tuition is not paid after five (5) days the student will be dis-enrolled from classes. This is in effect for Fall, Spring and Summer classes. NOTE: Overdue accounts owed to the University will prevent release of transcripts, diploma and enrollment. Registration is not complete until all of the student’s tuition and fees are paid.
STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
You may be eligible for financial assistance to help fund your education. Eligibility for need-based financial aid — most commonly available in the form of federal student loans — is determined by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Private loans are available from a variety of sources. The WSU Financial Aid Office and the Carson College of Business do not specifically endorse these loans or lenders, and we encourage you to carefully consider all loan options. Students are financially responsible for their own tuition. To learn more about the financial aid options available to you, consult the Student Financial Services website.
SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS
In an effort to ensure that we have successful students and responsible borrowers, we have a Satisfactory Academic Progress policy in place. As a graduate student, a 3.0 grade point average is required to enroll and to stay enrolled in your program, regardless of the funding you have secured. If your funding choice is financial aid, in addition to maintaining a 3.0 GPA, you must meet certain standards of academic progress to continue to receive funding. Failure to meet these standards may result in financial aid being withheld. As a student accepting financial aid, it is very important to understand the associated responsibilities and required rates of progress. If you persist according to the course schedule and degree plan that your student support team member provides to you, you will be on track for on-time degree completion. To learn more, read WSU’s policy on Satisfactory Academic Progress and Academic Deficiency Requirements.