Every service has different requirements, so you’ll need to contact your installation education office for details. In general, however, the process works as follows. You’ll want to contact student support for a copy of your degree plan that includes a column for cost.
- Contact your education office.
- Obtain degree plan w/cost from Student Support.
- Submit your application to the DoD.
- Receive your DoD authorization form.
- Email your form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WSU will report your grades to the DoD.
You should start by visiting https://va.wsu.edu/apply/ for details. In general, however, the process is as follows, and you may use the links below:
- Apply for benefit online or Fm 22-1990 (3-4 weeks)
- Receive Certificate of Eligibility
- Enrollment Certification Request to advisor
- Submit CoE & ECR to email@example.com (30 days prior to start)
- Paperwork certified by WSU VA
- Payments: Books, BAH, tuition (2-3 weeks)
Visit this link to see how your benefits are calculated: http://troops2college.blogspot.com/2014/02/calculating-entitlement-use.html.
The Carson College of Business offers in-state tuition rates for all of our MBA students. Therefore, the 911 GI Bill will pay your tuition according to the rate of benefit that you’ve earned.
The stipend is $1,000 a year, which is around $41 per credit hour for a traditional 24-credit-hour year of school. This benefit is typically paid out by semester based on your proposed enrollment, but it is often is paid out by class throughout the term.
BAH is adjusted each August. The current rate is $894.50 for full-time online students (50% of the national average). Active duty students do not receive BAH.
Be sure to tell your enrollment advisor that you are a military-affiliated student. They will provide you with a code to waive the $75 application fee.
No. The Carson College of Business does not assess fees for military-affiliated students utilizing VA benefits. If you see a fee assessed to your account, please contact WSU Veterans Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students utilizing Civilian DoD tuition assistance will have their paperwork processed through the Third-Party Guarantee system via WSU Accounts Receivable:
Ms. Taylor Clark
Yes. Please join our Carson Veterans LinkedIn group to learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13612534/.
Yes. Please contact our military and veteran program manager, Matt Beer, for information on career services and professional development opportunities: email@example.com or 509-335-3534.