Final exams are stressful enough as it is, but with the added inherent tensions of this year, it’s more important than ever to plan accordingly. The best way to prepare for assignments and, more importantly, midterm and finals is to plan well in advance. As with anything, try to get a good night’s sleep and manage your stress throughout the course, especially on test days. To help you prep like a pro, here are some tips and tricks to try next time you need to study for an exam:
- Note the test dates on the class agenda and enter them in your calendar early.
- Generate a study plan based on the course quiz, midterm and final requirements.
- Create flashcards or other study materials each week and reference them regularly throughout the course.
- When possible, complete sample test problems or form study groups with your classmates.
- Ask the instructor for any clarification on the course material, if needed.
- Make sure you have a quiet space set aside to take the test, somewhere you won’t be bothered and have reliable internet connection.
By studying consistently, asking questions, managing stress, and remaining organized, finals season should be a breeze!
By #CougaMBAssador Cathryn Curry Hasz